Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Dream diary continued...



I had a strange dream last night.  I was sitting at a table with some others on a deck on a beach.  The waves were coming in fast and strong.  I had a camera, a lens, and something else in my hand, and my iPod was on the table.  The waves were getting closer and closer and this was not normal because the deck was pretty far from the shoreline.  I kept telling myself I needed to take the camera, etc. inside or they were all going to get wet and ruined.  Next a wave came and sloshed under my chair.  I knew then I had to get up and take my stuff inside.  But then another wave came and washed all the way over the table and took my iPod with it.  We all jumped up from the table and I chased my iPod.  Then the water went out, like a tsunami, and everyone went running out into the dry ocean bed.  I did too, but I was warning everyone to come back in because I knew a big wave was about to hit.  I still had my camera and the lens in my hand.   I could see the wave coming but I knew I couldn’t escape it so I rode it up and held my breath.  It tossed me around and I dropped my camera and the lens.  I went down in the water to get them even though I knew the saltwater had probably already ruined them. 

Here’s the strange part.  I was under water, but another me was on a bridge or pier overlooking the water with a bunch of other people looking for me.  Everyone else had given up on finding the drowning me, but the me on the bridge saw bubbles surfacing so she jumped in to find me.  The drowning me was standing on the bottom and looking up at the surface.  I was not very deep but the water was over my head.  I don’t know why I didn’t just push up and surface.  The other me coming to rescue drowning me saw me and reached in and pulled me out and saved me.  Then I woke up.  Interpretations are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment