Thursday, July 5, 2012

A little of this, a little of that



I’m sitting here waiting on my iPod to download an update.  I don’t know why I started this project tonight when I’m in countdown mode for my trip to Ohio tomorrow.  I meant to add some music, but now I’m stuck in a slow internet time warp waiting for the thing to update.  All I really want to do is go to bed.

On the other hand I feel a need to write a little, too.  For example, I just figured out after all my years that there is no word, “everytime”.  I always write it that way and my spell check gives me fits everytime.  See?  So I looked it up and now I know it’s two words, every time.

I think I have everything (why is it not “every thing”?) ready for my trip.  I’m not checking any baggage so I’ve got my regulation carry-on suitcase and personal item, a very large-ish bag.  But it’s not full, so I’m pretty sure it will fit under the seat in front of me.  We’ll see.

The thing that really worries me is my 30 minute layover.  I’ve got 30 minutes to deplane and reboard.  YIKES!  A little scared about that.  I think I can, I think I can…

(My iPod upgrade says it has 69 minutes left.  Grrrr…slow internet.)

This past week or so I’ve been filling up my brain with James Taylor songs in preparation for his concert Monday night in Cleveland.  I’m very excited about that.  My oldest friend and travelling partner and I haven’t seen a concert together since the Monkees reunion tour in the ‘80s.  Was that before or after the never ending concert we went to in London where I was so tired I could have slept standing up, and probably did?

What other mischief can we get into?  Let’s see…I have visions of us taking lots of pictures, walking hallowed grounds, seeing old things, and almost stroking out from the heat.  No, the stroking out was last year.  We’ll be more careful this time around.  I need a hat, a packable one.  Mine is too stiff to carry on a plane.  That will have to be a quest.  Quests are always good when you’re out walking hallowed grounds and such.

Oh, and I must take a night picture of the glowing cemetery.  Got to remember to do that this time.  And barns…lots of pictures of barns.  I should make a list.

Tomorrow will be a long day, but I’ve still got 51 warped minutes to go before I sleep.  Or not.

P.S.  –aarrgggg….I got a “timed out” message on my update.  Curse you slow internet!!!

2 comments:

  1. i believe the monkees reunion was after the never ending concert in london. ahh the never ending concert..eventhough i didn't know what we were getting into i am so glad we have that memory. how many words do you think we spoke that day? we were much braver than we gave ourselves credit for.

    hallowed ground most definately. a heritage fest..barns for sure..how about some ledges and haunted places?

    unfortunately it is supposed to be hot.. again. records for tomorrow. i got a packable hat for mothers day. it is wonderful. we will go and get you one too. one must have a packable hat for quests and such.

    sleep well and good luck with that update

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope that iPod got updated, so you could get some sleep! Have a safe trip, a great time, and enjoy the concert. I loves me some JT!

    ReplyDelete