Saturday, August 31, 2013

Milestone


If my blog were a sitcom there would be a great celebration today with flowing champagne and a Grammy award winning band playing the theme song.  Someone would take a picture of the cast members standing behind a huge cake with the number 100 on it somewhere in bright buttercream marking the 100th episode.  Everyone would be smiling and excited because the 100th episode generally means syndication and steady royalty checks.

But my blog is not a sitcom so this 100th installment does not merit a great celebration.  There are no bands playing in my honor, or magnums of champagne or even a cake.  There are certainly no royalty checks to rely on to supplement my future income.  

Like my old favorite sitcom, my blog is basically a story about nothing, and my attempt to make nothing into something someone else may enjoy reading.  I’ve used this space, now for the 100th time, to express views, share memories and offer a glimpse of how I see myself.  

I hope my short musings have not been a waste of your time.  I do not think them a waste of mine.  My Fluffy cat, who at this moment is lying across my arm in an expression of total possessiveness, wishes I would write more because when I write I’m still and she can have me to herself for a few minutes.    

I’m sure I will continue to share here.  One hundred does not mean the end, it’s just a historical marker on the side of the road of my journey on this side of life.  I hope you will stop now and then to read the markers.  They are there for a reason, weren’t you knowing it?

1 comment: