Thursday, February 28, 2013

Jesus dreams

I took the day off from work yesterday to be the designated driver for my husband after a medical procedure he had done.  When we got back home he slept off the remains of his sedation, and I spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon sorting paperwork to get ready for tax returns.  After a few hours of mind numbing monotony I had to lie down and rest my bleary eyes.

Afternoon naps can be a source of the most interesting dreams.  The one yesterday was no exception.  I don't remember the details, but there was a lot of beautiful water.  I love dreams with beautiful water.  And Jesus was there.  I love it when Jesus is there.

In this dream Jesus was famous over in Israel, but he wasn't very well known over here yet.  I knew who he was, but he was mostly anonymous.  There was another man in my dream who was the epitome of evil.  Again, I don't remember the details, but I know he was murderous.  I knew to stay clear of him, but Jesus went right up to him and started talking to him.  I wanted to warn Jesus to watch His back, but He was too quick.  As they conversed I could see the evil man's demeanor soften.   I remember standing there and thinking to myself, "Hey, there's Jesus over there ministering to someone.  I am standing here watching Jesus.  Wow".

Can you imagine what it was like for the apostles to have Jesus walking with them as a friend?  Can you imagine what it was like to watch him in action?  Fantastic.  Maybe my dream was just a little gift, a pick-me-up to brighten the stressful days I've been having.  Maybe.

Whatever it was meant to be I woke up to a cat sleeping on my head.  Back to reality.


 

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you were smiling in your sleep, because of the dream, and the cat took it as an invitation. ;o)

    ReplyDelete